Friday, April 25, 2008

WTF?

Hi, here again. (waves)

A couple of weeks ago I went up to Boston to visit with friends and take in a Yankees/Red Sox game at Fenway Park. Since I am a Yankees fan and was decked in navy and gray from head to toe, I am almost certain that a Red Sox fan saw this, went "ooh, Yankees fan!" and coughed on me. My certainty comes from the fact that the next day I was constantly clearing my throat. On the plane home my throat was sore and with dismay I could feel my temperature rising. The next morning, I awoke with a 102-degree temperature and horking up stuff that looked like alien life forms. I went to the local urgent care center (which is also my PCP) and after they got my info they brought me in and popped me on the scale. Last time I had weighed myself I was still in the 215 area. The urgent care scale, however, showed 224. "Maybe it's your clothing," suggested the nurse. Um, no, I don't think a sweatshirt, jeans, sneakers, underwear and socks weigh nine pounds. Conclusion--my scale is off.

This morning for the hell of it I weighed myself. 209. I'm still only eating one meal a day (and not exactly sticking to low carb) so I chalk it up to the recent illness. I must admit I'm considering buying another scale (analog this time) to see if my current scale, which is digital, is off. Or maybe the urgent care scale is. I haven't noted loosening clothes, but then they haven't tightened either. Hmm.

I'm still rundown, but I've been sleeping a lot and I need to get this place fired up again.

1 comment:

Wee Little Me said...

Probably the most important thing is the relative loss shown on your scale. It is unlikely that it will vary day by day in how off it is so. I find I need about a 10 pound loss to notice a diff in the clothes. Hope you feel 100% again soon.

Nice blog by the way!