Sunday, August 5, 2007

Three more down

I came in at 221 Friday, so for those keeping score at home that's another three pounds gone, nineteen overall. To reward myself, I bought a shiny black 30 GB video iPod. I now have a separate playlist for cardio and lifting. I R N NERD. I previously had an iPod Shuffle which used to drive me crazy by playing the same ten songs over and over again. I have given it to Mr. LRA, who is mystified by anything computer-related but who is thoroughly delighted that he can now listen to Neil Young and Jimi Hendrix while watching CNBC at the gym.

Travel time is approaching at Chez LRA--next week we're going to Disney World for a family reunion (gah, Disney in August, what I do for family), then three weeks after that we're on our way to Seattle for a week, with two days in Vancouver during that time. We've also scored tickets for the Seattle Seahawks/Tampa Bay Buccaneers game since that's the opening weekend for the NFL (which are Holy Days of LRA Obligation). A few weeks ago I purchased a Seahawks jersey to wear to the game, a men's medium. When I tried it on, it was tight across my middle. Yesterday I was in my closet and glimpsed the jersey, and for the hell of it I tried it on ... and it's definitely loosened. Huzzah.

As far as eating goes, I'm going to try my best to stay on plan. As a rule we don't tend to eat a lot on vacation anyway. I don't think Seattle/Vancouver will be a problem, but Disney isn't exactly the most welcoming place for healthy eating. We did luck out that the big family dinner will be at the restaurant at Animal Kingdom Lodge so I can get some decent meat and veggies. I will have a hot dog from Casey's Corner in the Magic Kingdom though, as that is tradition and I do not fuck with tradition. Believe it or not on one of the Disney fansites someone posted an article about doing low-carb at the Mouse Hole, so I'll take a look at it.

I'm adding two days of cardio this week. Pray for me.

2 comments:

J.B. said...

If you need direction on dining, exercise, or entertainment in the Emerald city, let me know.

Tracy said...

I can't wait to hear about eating at the happiest place on earth. If you survive, that is.

Btw, you've been tagged and added to my blogroll, you lucky devil you. See the rules here to tag someone else: www.fearandloathinginthekitchen.com. Yes, you hafta.