Sunday, July 1, 2007

I'm still a puny girl

This is what I'm currently doing three times a week:

5 minutes warm-up on the cross trainer, level 3

All sets 15 reps

2 sets pull-ups on gravitron, 10 pounds resistance
2 set leg presses, 105 pounds
2 sets lat pulldowns, 25 pounds
2 sets push-ups on gravitron, 10 pounds resistance
2 sets seated rows, 20 pounds
2 sets bench presses, 30 pounds
2 sets bicep curls, 10 pounds
2 sets donkey presses, 50 pounds

Friday was the first day I did two sets; before I'd only done one. My hamstrings and triceps are still kind of pissed at me about it, but they'll just have to deal. I've been having issues with my left bicep for a couple of months due to some bad posture habits at work--it's improved but is not healed. I feel it if I raise my arm above my head then lower it in a clockwise motion--the hours between one and three suck. It didn't help that Friday's bench presses seemed to aggravate it thanks to my wide handhold on the barbell. I can do curls and other stuff with no problem, though. I'll try a closer handhold tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, then bench presses are off the agenda for a little.

My plan is to do the two sets for maybe a week or so, then go up to three for a week or so, then increase my weights and go back to the single set, etc. I still do cardio mainly because I spend the majority of my time sitting on my ass and need to move, but I hardly do any on lifting days. When I was doing the low-fat thing I was doing straight cardio for an hour three days a week then working on weight machines with twenty minutes of cardio before and after the other three days. I like cardio and try to mix it up (although I avoid the Demon Treadmill, I hate that fucking thing), but I also like concentrating on the weights on lifting days. I know that so many seem to say that cardio really doesn't do shit as far as losing weight but it has been my experience that it does do shit for me. I did kind of do HIIT with it (trying to get my mileage to a certain point usually) so I need to start implementing that again. What I have to remember is not to overdo it as I am so prone to do.

Sunday is normally my off day, but since my gym's hours are going to be fucked up this week due to Fourth of July I'm going today since I won't be able to do the 4:15 thing on Thursday. Then I'll come home and start cooking stuff for the week. And maybe post again.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I love the gravitron!! Fun to use and sounds so cool. I wish it played music and had flashing lights though.

Christine said...

Interval cardio is the only cardio I will willingly subject myself to!

The bicep thing: If you have access to a chiro or a physical therapist, I'd check that out. But in the meantime, try a closer grip-- it's gonna hit your triceps more, but no sense in aggravating your arm and getting sidelined.