Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Iron diva progress

The weights, they are going up. This is what I did today:

5 minutes warm-up on the cross trainer, level 3

All sets 10 reps

2 sets pull-ups on gravitron, 25 pounds resistance (started at 10)
2 set leg presses, 150 pounds (started at 105)
2 sets lat pulldowns, 55 pounds (started at 25)
2 sets shoulder pulldowns, 20 pounds (I do these instead of bicep curls)
2 sets push-ups on gravitron, 25 pounds resistance (started at 10)
2 sets seated rows, 20 pounds (for some reason this weight still kicks my ass)
2 sets tight seated rows (hands close together), 27.5 pounds (new)
2 sets tricep presses, 30 pounds (new)
2 sets donkey presses, 80 pounds (started at 50)

My left shoulder is feeling much better--just for shits and giggles I did ten push-ups on my stairs this morning on my way up to take a shower, and for the first time in a long time didn't feel any pain in the motion. I still feel it a little bit though so I'll continue to lay off the bench presses and other stuff, but I'll try to get in some push-ups on lifting days. I think I'm going to up it to three sets next week. I can always feel it after I've lifted but I'm not sore. I don't want to be in screaming pain, but I want to feel like I'm challenging myself.

I ate my first official organic meat tonight--chicken drumsticks. I feel very virtuous.

1 comment:

Royce said...

Very nice. Plus organic meat just TASTES better too. Did you know organic GRASS fed red meat has the same good fats as Salmon. Have your steak and eat it too.