Tuesday, July 3, 2007

One little victory

ETA 7/4/07: I weighed myself first thing this morning (I'd planned to anyway) and I've actually lost TEN pounds since last month, coming in at 224. I drink at least four liters of water a day and had consumed at least two liters since lunch so I guess I was still carrying it around. I weighed myself four times in twenty minutes just to make sure the scale wasn't fucked up and scared my cats with my squee of joy. LRA

The scale at my gym has been broken, so I decided to stop being a cheap bitch and buy one. I hadn't weighed since June 3 and I was curious. Would the period-induced Bacardi/Sheetz/Ben & Jerry Debauch have lasting effects? How about not going to the gym or really doing any sort of physical activity for 18 days in a row? Would three some-odd weeks of "clean" eating make a difference?

The answers are apparently no, no, and yes. I lost five pounds.

So since I've gotten serious about this whole thing (late May), I've lost eleven pounds. I will pause here to throw myself congratulatory horns.

\m/

I took a three-mile walk Sunday as my cardio--it was too gorgeous a day to be cooped inside the gym--lifted Monday and made an attempt at interval cardio today. I was kind of a pussy, though--I did about five or six sprints but I had the arc trainer hill interval program on level one. Level two next time. Feel free to marvel at my daring. I can lift tomorrow too, off Thursday, lift Friday, cardio Saturday, off Sunday (my normal off day as to not to fuck with future football), then get back on schedule.

Eleven pounds may not be a lot when you start out with a hundred to lose, but it's eleven pounds that I haven't lost for years. And I'm eating fat on steaks and chicken skin and butter in my eggs and olive oil on my salads and didn't work out regularly and STILL lost it. The intermittent fasting schedule is working well too. I love lifting and am seeing small gains in strength even in this short time. My left arm is still an issue, not as much as earlier but enough to keep reminding myself not to overdo it.

Now let's combine clean eating and working out regularly and see what happens.

go me!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Eleven pounds is awesome. Slow and steady keeps it off.

Don't you love knowing that you're eating better than most people who AREN'T on a diet? Losers.

Laser Rocket Arm said...

Seriously.

BTW, your Rev Roll recipe? KICKS. ASS. I never tried them before because every recipe I saw had cream cheese in it which is a pain to work with, but the mayo worked great.

Christine said...

Allow me to throw some horns your way:

\m/

11 pounds kicks ass. Double digit loss means you are on your way!

Royce said...

Hell yeah, you GO girl. Feels great huh??

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and so may I say hello and congratulations. I'm looking for inspiration 11 pounds is pretty inspirational!